A Top Securities Law Firm
“… He just doesn’t pick some scrub attorney out of the phone book. He goes to Houston, the oil and gas capital of the United States and hires one of the top law firms in Houston for oil and gas securities fraud, the Spencer Law Firm. He hires Troy Aikman to quarter back his team. Troy Aikman.” – James A. Pikl, Partner at Scheef & Stone, LLP
At The Spencer Law Firm in Houston, our attorneys have extensive experience handling securities matters for clients throughout Texas and America. Whether you are currently facing litigation, a federal, state or regulatory investigation, responding to or initiating an investor complaint, or any another securities matter, we are here to provide you with the skilled representation you need.
A Versatile Practice
Securities and control disputes have turned out to be a unique skill set and is one of the lynchpins of The Spencer Law Firm’s legal disciplines. Our clients range from individual investors to large privately held companies with worth over a billion dollars. Whatever your legal concerns, we are here to help you resolve your business law issues in a manner that is both effective and cost-efficient. We focus on all aspects of securities, including but not limited to:
- Securities fraud
- White collar criminal defense and prosecution
- Civil litigation, arbitration and enforcement actions
- Limited liability company, partnership and shareholder control disputes
- SEC, FINRA and Texas securities investigations and enforcement actions
- Securities litigation
- Oil and gas and salt water disposal wells
- Capital formation
Please Contact Us For A Free Review.
Discuss Your Legal Needs With An Experienced Lawyer
More specifically, the Spencer Law Firm represent investors, business owners, issuers, partners, members, broker-dealers and other industry members in a broad range of securities issues, including:
- State and Federal Investigations and Securities Litigation: Representing clients before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Texas Securities Board as well as state and federal investigations and enforcement actions. We also successfully represent clients in federal and state courts regarding securities claims and defenses.
- Business Litigation: Representing owners of businesses, with contract disputes, ownership and control issues and those who have been defrauded in their dealings with other partners or company owners.
- Partnership and Company Disputes: Assisting business owners in partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations and other companies when owners come to an impasse or have a business dispute. We help navigate through this impasse to avoid litigation. However, sometimes litigation is unavoidable and we assist our clients through this difficult time. Our goal is to resolve any disputes quickly and efficiently so that business can move forward with minimal or no interruption.
- Investor Litigation and Compliance: Addressing all investor related disputes and issues including claims against issuers for fraud, breach of contract and mishandling of funds. We also ensure that your investment complies with federal and state law, as well as all rules and regulations, including requiring full disclosure and transparency for investors.
- Oil and Gas and Salt Water Disposal Litigation: Representing oil and gas and salt water disposal well investors and operators regarding operator agreement violations, mishandling of funds and other problems. Our firm brings a unique approach to oil and gas legal strategy by incorporating our securities experience.
- SEC and FINRA Enforcement Actions: From disputes between shareholders and broker-dealers to FINRA and SEC litigation, securities litigation is one of the cornerstones of our practice. Representing broker-dealers in issues such addressing issues and risks involved in a FINRA enforcement action or arbitration and much more.