Thomas L. Hunt
Thomas L. Hunt & Associates, Houston, Texas (May 1995 to July 1, 2020); and, Of Counsel, The Spencer Law Firm (July 2, 2020- present). Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating.
Extensive lead trial attorney and appellate practice experience in complex commercial litigation with an emphasis in the areas of patents, securities, banking, lending, real estate and personal injury/wrongful death litigation.
Representative Institutional Clients: Toshiba Europe GmbH; Toshiba International Corp.; Northern Trust Corporation; Northern Trust Bank of Arizona; Daewoo Financial Services; Daewoo Electronics Corp. of America; Daewoo Electronics Ltd.; Amerex Natural Gas; Amerex Power; Benchmark Electronics, Inc.; and Langham Petroleum Energy Corp.
Representative complex litigation as lead trial counsel: multi-billion dollar class action securities fraud case representing Enron employee option holders and UBS retail brokerage customers holding Enron securities; represented an international television manufacturer in a billion dollar multi-defendant (all television manufactures and retailers in the U.S. domestic market) patent infringement case involving parental guard technology; represented international electric motor and drive manufacturer in a hundred million dollar patent infringement case for industrial drives; represented claimants in multi-district surgical glove products liability case; prosecuted and defended numerous multi-plaintiff securities claims in both district court and NASD arbitrations; represented an insurance company in connection with an action to certify a national reverse class action concerning group health insurance claims coverage; represented West Africa Compaq distributor/franchisee against Hewlett Packard in franchise agreement arbitration/franchise termination dispute; represented standby letter of credit issuer in Iraqi manufacturing facility construction and blocked account dispute; and represented an international underground petroleum storage tank testing company in environmental pollution claims.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 01/1983
- Honors: summa cum laude
- St. Anselm College, Manchester, New Hampshire
- B.A. in Natural Science
- Long Island University, Greenvale, New York
- M.S. with honors in Marine Science
- Complex Litigation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Griffin & Laser, L.L.P, Partner, January 1994 to May 1995
- Jenkins & Gilchrist, P.C., Shareholder, October 1987 to December 1993
- Weycer, Kaplan, Pulaski & Zuber, Associate, November 1986 to October 1987
- Urban & Coolidge, Associate, January 1983 to October 1986
- Weycer, Kaplan, Law Clerk, January 1982 to December 1982
- American Bar Association
- Order of the Lytae
- American Jurisprudence Awards
- Comment, Uniformity Is The Solution to Water Pollution, 23 S. Tex. L.J. (1982)